Problems upgrading to version 7.7

12
hyc

Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
Hi, I followed the steps from wiki to upgrade to version 7.7 but I am getting an exception:

 javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property definition found for {http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/2.1}cmslocation
javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property definition found for {http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/2.1}cmslocation

I cleared the repository altogether and deployed my app but doesn't work. My pom has repository version defined as:

<hippo.repository.version>2.22.04</hippo.repository.version>

Any idea how can I fix this?

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

Ard
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I followed the steps from wiki to upgrade to version 7.7 but I am getting
> an exception:
>
>  javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property
> definition found for {http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/2.1}cmslocation
> javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property
> definition found for {http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/2.1}cmslocation
>
> I cleared the repository altogether and deployed my app but doesn't work. My
> pom has repository version defined as:
>
> <hippo.repository.version>2.22.04</hippo.repository.version>

Wha is your hst version? It seems you are using the 7.6 HST version.
You should have an hst version of the range 2.24.xx . You can check
this with  mvn dependency:tree.

Also, if you'd start up an existing 7.6 repo with this new hst jar, it
should register the changed cnd, such that you can use the
hst:cmslocation property

Regards Ard

hyc

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
Thanks for replying. Just looked at dependency tree and hst version is 2.24.00. I didn't specify any hst version in my pom so as I am using parent version 7.7.0, it should use the latest one i guess or whatever is shipped with that version.

Any more ideas?

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

Niels van Kampenhout-2
You might have nodes and/or properties defined in your repository
bootstrap (the XML files in the 'content' module), that refer to node
type definitions that changed between 7.6 and 7.7. In that case, you
need to 'update' those XML files (remove or update the incompatible
nodes/properties).

When upgrading it's convenient to have 'clean' reference projects of
both versions (7.6 and 7.7) to compare your project against. You can
generate reference projects using the Hippo archetype.

Hope this helps,
Niels

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for replying. Just looked at dependency tree and hst version is
> 2.24.00. I didn't specify any hst version in my pom so as I am using parent
> version 7.7.0, it should use the latest one i guess or whatever is shipped
> with that version.
>
> Any more ideas?

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

Ard
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Niels van Kampenhout
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> You might have nodes and/or properties defined in your repository
> bootstrap (the XML files in the 'content' module), that refer to node
> type definitions that changed between 7.6 and 7.7. In that case, you
> need to 'update' those XML files (remove or update the incompatible
> nodes/properties).
>
> When upgrading it's convenient to have 'clean' reference projects of
> both versions (7.6 and 7.7) to compare your project against. You can
> generate reference projects using the Hippo archetype.

But his hst:cmslocation property should have become available when
using hst 2.24.00 ... straing

@hyc: Can you take a look in the /console and export the hst cnd and
mail it : Most likely, for some reason, you still have an old hst cnd
then.

Regards Ard

hyc

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
Hi, Please see the attached file. Although there was error but I was able to access console and I exported the xml from hippo:namespaces> hst Node.

hst.xml
hyc

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
Any ideas please? Can't figure out what have i done wrong

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

could you export the CND for the HST. From within the console you kind
find the Export CND button and then select the 'hst'.

hyc

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
Thanks for the tip, I've exported the CND now. see attached file below. I can see cmslocation in that. Any idea why it says cmslocation to be invalid?

hst.cnd

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

So and on which repository path did you try to set this property? Make
sure you set it on a node of type hst:virtualhostgroup.

hyc

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
Ah, I had about 4 hosts defined in my bootstrap hosts file and one of them had cmslocation defined under virtualhost rather than virtualhostgroup. So that fixes the problem. Thanks for pointing it out.

Now I am having another problem deploying my new hst-channels.xml file. I get exception:

hst-channels.xml in '/hst:hst' : javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property definition found for {http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/2.1}type
javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property definition found for {http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/2.1}type

But I've copied the hst-channels.xml from hippo-gogreen project. From the CND file I don't see any attribute called 'type' but hippo-gogreen project has that. I've commented out some of the things that I don't implement currently like channelinfoclass etc. Here is my hst-channels.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<sv:node xmlns:sv="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/sv/1.0" sv:name="hst:channels">
  <sv:property sv:name="jcr:primaryType" sv:type="Name">
    <sv:value>hst:channels</sv:value>
  </sv:property>
  <sv:property sv:name="jcr:uuid" sv:type="String">
    <sv:value>d5c75df1-12f0-499e-b678-817a5e1daef1</sv:value>
  </sv:property>
  <sv:node sv:name="myhippoproject">
    <sv:property sv:name="jcr:primaryType" sv:type="Name">
      <sv:value>hst:channel</sv:value>
    </sv:property>
    <sv:property sv:name="jcr:uuid" sv:type="String">
      <sv:value>9aa2d97a-2802-4b54-8301-abc527fd7c84</sv:value>
    </sv:property>

    <sv:property sv:name="hst:name" sv:type="String">
      <sv:value>English Website</sv:value>
    </sv:property>
    <sv:property sv:name="hst:type" sv:type="String">
      <sv:value>website</sv:value>
    </sv:property>

  </sv:node>
</sv:node>

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

Frank van Lankvelt
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah, I had about 4 hosts defined in my bootstrap hosts file and one of them
> had cmslocation defined under virtualhost rather than virtualhostgroup. So
> that fixes the problem. Thanks for pointing it out.
>
> Now I am having another problem deploying my new hst-channels.xml file. I
> get exception:
>
> hst-channels.xml in '/hst:hst' :
> javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property
> definition found for {http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/2.1}type
> javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property
> definition found for {http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/2.1}type
>
> But I've copied the hst-channels.xml from hippo-gogreen project. From the
> CND file I don't see any attribute called 'type' but hippo-gogreen project
> has that. I've commented out some of the things that I don't implement

that's indeed been added in recent versions to support grouping in the
channel manager overview.
A cnd reload should be sufficient, AFAIK this is the only field that was added.

cheers, Frank

hyc

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
Thanks for replying, I've removed the type altogether now. So that error is fixed. But now when I try to login to the cms I get following exception:

19:36:02,966 WARN  [Localizer] Tried to retrieve a localized string for a component that has not yet been added to the page. This can sometimes lead to an invalid or no localized resource returned. Make sure you are not calling Component#getString() inside your Component's constructor. Offending component: [MarkupContainer [Component id = item]]
19:36:03,041 INFO  [JcrItemModel] PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-admin/frontend:services
19:36:03,047 INFO  [JcrItemModel] PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-admin/frontend:references
19:36:03,048 INFO  [JcrItemModel] PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-admin/frontend:properties
19:36:03,048 INFO  [JcrItemModel] PathNotFoundException while loading JcrItemModel: /hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-admin/frontend:services
19:36:03,105 ERROR [RequestCycle] Error attaching this container for rendering: [MarkupContainer [Component id = extension.currentActivity]]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Error attaching this container for rendering: [MarkupContainer [Component id = extension.currentActivity]]
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1789)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.service.render.AbstractRenderService.onBeforeRender(AbstractRenderService.java:501)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.service.render.AbstractRenderService.onBeforeRender(AbstractRenderService.java:501)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.AbstractRepeater.onBeforeRender(AbstractRepeater.java:151)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.standards.tabs.TabbedPanel$CardView.onBeforeRender(TabbedPanel.java:488)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.standards.tabs.TabbedPanel.onBeforeRender(TabbedPanel.java:367)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.service.render.AbstractRenderService.onBeforeRender(AbstractRenderService.java:501)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:4004)
        at org.apache.wicket.Page.onBeforeRender(Page.java:1550)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.prepareForRender(Component.java:2295)
        at org.apache.wicket.Page.prepareForRender(Page.java:1540)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.prepareForRender(Component.java:2332)
        at org.apache.wicket.Page.renderPage(Page.java:911)
        at org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.respond(BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.java:261)
        at org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.respond(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:105)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1260)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1331)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1438)
        at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:546)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:486)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:319)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.ResourceRewriteFilter.doFilter(ResourceRewriteFilter.java:129)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.login.ConcurrentLoginFilter.doFilter(ConcurrentLoginFilter.java:54)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "e"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:410)
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:468)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.cms.dashboard.EventModel.<init>(EventModel.java:67)
        at org.hippoecm.frontend.plugins.cms.dashboard.current.CurrentActivityPlugin$CurrentActivityView.populateItem(CurrentActivityPlugin.java:117)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.RefreshingView$1.newItem(RefreshingView.java:114)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.DefaultItemReuseStrategy$1.next(DefaultItemReuseStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.DefaultItemReuseStrategy$1.next(DefaultItemReuseStrategy.java:55)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.RefreshingView.addItems(RefreshingView.java:189)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.RefreshingView.onPopulate(RefreshingView.java:98)
        at org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.AbstractRepeater.onBeforeRender(AbstractRepeater.java:131)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
        at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
        ... 76 more

I've observed that I can access cms console successfully and I see a node /hippo:log/default/1/0/z/e
If I change the last node 'e' to something numeric then I can log into the CMS successfully. Any ideas why this is being caused??

Secondly, After logging in I can go to channel manager fine and when I click on my website to see it in composer mode I get error
"Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online."
Any idea why this is being caused??

Thank you.

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

Unico Hommes
On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.RefreshingView.addItems(RefreshingView.java:189)
>        at
> org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.RefreshingView.onPopulate(RefreshingView.java:98)
>        at
> org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.AbstractRepeater.onBeforeRender(AbstractRepeater.java:131)
>        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
>        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
>        at
> org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
>        ... 76 more
>

> I've observed that I can access cms console successfully and I see a node
> /hippo:log/default/1/0/z/e
> If I change the last node 'e' to something numeric then I can log into the
> CMS successfully. Any ideas why this is being caused??

Yes, if you upgrade to repository version 2.22.04 you also *have* to
upgrade to the latest cms version 2.22.03.

--
Unico

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Unico Hommes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.RefreshingView.onPopulate(RefreshingView.java:98)
>>        at
>> org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.AbstractRepeater.onBeforeRender(AbstractRepeater.java:131)
>>        at org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1069)
>>        at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1103)
>>        at
>> org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1777)
>>        ... 76 more
>>

>> I've observed that I can access cms console successfully and I see a node
>> /hippo:log/default/1/0/z/e
>> If I change the last node 'e' to something numeric then I can log into the
>> CMS successfully. Any ideas why this is being caused??
>
> Yes, if you upgrade to repository version 2.22.04 you also *have* to
> upgrade to the latest cms version 2.22.03.

Sorry, I should qualify that statement. If you start with a clean repo
you should. Test/Acceptance/Production upgrades usually start with an
existing repo. In that case it doesn't matter.

hyc

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
I've already got old code that I upgraded to new version and I cleaned the repo and started from new. How can I upgrade to new cms version?

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 6:07 AM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've already got old code that I upgraded to new version and I cleaned the
> repo and started from new. How can I upgrade to new cms version?

For the problem with the hippo:log item you are having you have two
options actually. You can go into the console and change the value of
the hipposys:classname property at node
/hippo:configuration/hippo:workflows/internal/logging back to
org.hippoecm.repository.standardworkflow.EventLoggerImpl.java or you
can put the property

<hippo.cms.version>2.22.03</hippo.cms.version>

into your primary POM.

I recommend you do the latter though. It might also fix your other problems.

In fact, you might as well just upgrade to 7.7.1 seeing that you are
already using hippo repository version 2.22.04. In that case you don't
have to bother with version properties in your pom and trying to get
the right combination of them. To upgrade to 7.7.1 simply replace the
parent version 7.7.0 of your primary pom with 7.7.1 and have a look at
https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Upgrade+from+7.7.0+to+7.7.1

--
Unico

hyc

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

hyc
Upgraded version to 7.7.1 and that fixed the problem, thanks

But the channel manager is still not able to show my website in composermode. It says that "Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online."

Any ideas??

Thank you.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:53 AM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Upgraded version to 7.7.1 and that fixed the problem, thanks
>
> But the channel manager is still not able to show my website in
> composermode. It says that "Unable to change to composermode. Please check
> if the site is online."
>
> Any ideas??

is there anything in the hippo-site.log?  Otherwise, it might be
helpful to look at the (ajax) response.
(assuming that the site is indeed running...)

cheers, Frank

> Thank you.

Re: Problems upgrading to version 7.7

Ard
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Frank van Lankvelt
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:53 AM, hyc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Upgraded version to 7.7.1 and that fixed the problem, thanks
>>
>> But the channel manager is still not able to show my website in
>> composermode. It says that "Unable to change to composermode. Please check
>> if the site is online.
>>
>> Any ideas??

Also look at the trouble shooting page at [1]

Regards Ard

[1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Channel+Manager+troubleshooting

> is there anything in the hippo-site.log?  Otherwise, it might be
> helpful to look at the (ajax) response.
> (assuming that the site is indeed running...)
>
> cheers, Frank
>
>> Thank you.

12