Proxy settings causes an error.

zho3rd
Ive discoverd a bug, i can find a .doc if this is mentioned to work like this. i tryed looking through google but cant find anything.
One of our internal customers is using hippo cms, but they are working in a closed environment.
in our group policy we give a fake proxy setting to prevet people going on the internet.
and by network layer we can send them to other allowed internal sites.

In this setting the toolbar where you can make you txt in Caps,bold (to give txt extra options), it disappears. When i actually fill in an existing proxy (what is actually not wanted by the organisation) the toolbar appears again. Is there a way where i can disable the check that is done when a  (fake) proxy is filled in so the txt options toolbar is visable.

Kind regards
Sjoerd

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

Hi Sjoerd,

have you tried to see what the response of the toolbar request is with for instance Firefox/firebug? As far as I know there is no explicit check for network or location. If all the other requests are being handled properly I do not really see why the toolbar should not appear. Can you take a look at what the request for the toolbar is trying to do?

Jeroen

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:22 AM, zho3rd <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ive discoverd a bug, i can find a .doc if this is mentioned to work like
this. i tryed looking through google but cant find anything.
One of our internal customers is using hippo cms, but they are working in a
closed environment.
in our group policy we give a fake proxy setting to prevet people going on
the internet.
and by network layer we can send them to other allowed internal sites.

In this setting the toolbar where you can make you txt in Caps,bold (to give
txt extra options), it disappears. When i actually fill in an existing proxy
(what is actually not wanted by the organisation) the toolbar appears again.
Is there a way where i can disable the check that is done when a  (fake)
proxy is filled in so the txt options toolbar is visable.

Kind regards
Sjoerd

USA  • 755 Baywood Drive Second Floor  •  Petaluma CA. 94954
•  +1 877 414-4776 (toll free)
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC
H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

zho3rd
hi  jeroen thx for your reply. Using other browsers than IE is not a option.
Due to domain policy's, and company policy.  I narrowed it down that the proxy policy is causing the problem  (wel it took  us almost 1,5 week to find out).

we have done a http watch, and a Cport.exe.

What we have seen sofar :

when a real proxy is enterd   (working situation  but for us not a suitable option)
when you click on the  box to edit text,
we see it make a session , quickly after that the txtbar popups.

we kinda are assuming that a session checker is build in, because when useing a fake proxy name like eg blabla. the bar doesnt appear.

Win XP with  IE 7.0.5730.13 with java 6  update 13  build 1.6.0_13-b03.

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

Bartosz Oudekerk
Administrator
On 08/12/10 11:38, zho3rd wrote:

> hi  jeroen thx for your reply. Using other browsers than IE is not a option.
> Due to domain policy's, and company policy.  I narrowed it down that the
> proxy policy is causing the problem  (wel it took  us almost 1,5 week to
> find out).
>
> we have done a http watch, and a Cport.exe.

What did you see using those, what was the response for the toolbar
request?

Bartosz Oudekerk
.---------------------------------.---------------------------------.
| Hippo B.V.                      | Hippo USA Inc.                  |
| Oosteinde 11                    | 755 Baywood Drive, 2nd floor    |
| 1017 WT  Amsterdam              | Petaluma, CA. 94954             |
| The Netherlands                 | United States of America        |
| Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466          | +1 (877) 414 4776               |

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

zho3rd
in the working situatiuon, we see it connecting to the firewall but its accepted cause its destination addr:port is a existing proxy addr and proxy port that match a rule. after the firewall there is a proxy accepting it .

in the fake proxy  setting  We see  it connecting to one of our firewalls and that drops de session and plays a   im not there trick for the traffic.  cause the dest does not exist and doesnt match a rule.

(its a server in a DMZ,  with multiple firewalls before and after.)

But my whole point is, Why does it sets up a session/ does a check ? Is there a  cfg where i can
disable these checks ? Im not a programmer, but can someone see in the code what explains this behaviour.

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

zho3rd
Are there still people willing to look into this ?  Can someone at hippo confirm this a bug  or a Designed thing ?

On 13/12/10 14:46, zho3rd wrote:
> Are there still people willing to look into this ?  Can someone at hippo
> confirm this a bug  or a Designed thing ?

Right now we have no idea why it's failing, we need more information.
Please answer the questions you were asked in earlier replies.

Bartosz Oudekerk
.---------------------------------.---------------------------------.
| Hippo B.V.                      | Hippo USA Inc.                  |
| Oosteinde 11                    | 755 Baywood Drive, 2nd floor    |
| 1017 WT  Amsterdam              | Petaluma, CA. 94954             |
| The Netherlands                 | United States of America        |
| Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466          | +1 (877) 414 4776               |

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

I took a look at the Xinha code last night, but I could not find any
obvious causes to your problem. Since I can't reproduce it locally
it's hard to figure out.

Please provide all the information you can:

- Hippo CMS & browser version
- Are there any javascript errors on the page?
- All other information you can think of that might be helpful to us.

With the scarse information we have right now it's just to hard to
figure out without being on-site.

If that's hard to find or you need help you could always call in the
Hippo support department[1].

Jeroen

[1] http://www.onehippo.com/en/support

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Bartosz Oudekerk
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 13/12/10 14:46, zho3rd wrote:
>>
>> Are there still people willing to look into this ?  Can someone at hippo
>> confirm this a bug  or a Designed thing ?
>
> Right now we have no idea why it's failing, we need more information.
> Please answer the questions you were asked in earlier replies.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Bartosz Oudekerk
> .---------------------------------.---------------------------------.
> | Hippo B.V.                      | Hippo USA Inc.                  |
> | Oosteinde 11                    | 755 Baywood Drive, 2nd floor    |
> | 1017 WT  Amsterdam              | Petaluma, CA. 94954             |
> | The Netherlands                 | United States of America        |
> | Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466          | +1 (877) 414 4776               |

USA  • 755 Baywood Drive Second Floor  •  Petaluma CA. 94954
•  +1 877 414-4776 (toll free)
Canada    •   Montréal  5369 Boulevard St-Laurent #430 •  Montréal QC
H2T 1S5  •  +1 (514) 316 8966

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

zho3rd
sorry for not reacting here  earlyer, but at the moment its realy busy at work , and have some higher priority's comin between my solving the hippo issue. you  know how managers like rush stuff at the end of the year and we IT guys do the running.

But Also getting the previous question answered will take some time .   Ill be back with clear answers

( BTW i do appreciate your help, and your reservation of time to lookin this situation a Big THANK YOU  for that )

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

zho3rd
Sorry it took so long, but finally i got some time to put my energy into this issue.

What we desire :   get this working with a fake proxy filled in.
issue:  our text box letter edit thingy doesnt appear. when we click on the edit part.  with our default (policy settings)
our situation: in this part of the environment people are not to allowed internet access, only sites that are allowed by proxy settings, and by network lvl settings. When people are going through the proxy they get internet.  So we give them a fake proxy ( a no internet no go thing) and still allow on network lvl access to sites but through means of a reverse proxy.

Things i sorted out sofar

My college and i build a new 2nd policy from scratch equal to the current, this behaviour(problem) is triggerd when i fill in a fake proxy(that creates) or put in a real proxy(that resolves, but thats not what we want).

Facts :

-IE version    = 7.0.5730.12
-Java version = JRE 1.6.0_22
-Hippo CMS vers = 7.4.04

-With firefox.     No problem   With proxy enabled or without ... it works on both ways.
-In IE it only works when a real existing proxy  is filled in.
  it doesnt work when we have a fake or no proxy filled in.

 I have putted a IE Watch and a Cport watch    ( please not that hostname URL and IP are changed due to the nature of my company where i have certain security to maintain.)

These are my loggs
currportswithout.txt
currportswithproxy.txt
sessionwithoutproxy.txt
sessionwithproxy.txt

I hope this is some  more info to continue on .

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

Looking out the sessionwithproxy (I guess that's the one that gives you troubles?) it gives 3 GET requests for the richtext field Javascript code, where 2 GETs return a 407 status code. See:

131        False    + 39,047             0,095 s      GET     407     524       text/html        http://cms.somewebsite.nl/xinha/xinha/XinhaCore.js
132        False    + 39,141             0,001 s      GET     407     528       text/html        http://cms.somewebsite.nl/xinha/xinha/XinhaCore.js
133        False    + 39,157             0,610 s      GET     200     222,02 K  text/javascript  http://cms.somewebsite.nl/xinha/xinha/XinhaCore.js

I guess that is the problem, why it's not working. The last request is the correct one. I don't see why you have 3 requests instead of 1 (only the last one is correct).

Jeroen

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:38 PM, zho3rd <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n6048886/currportswithout.txt
currportswithout.txt
http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n6048886/currportswithproxy.txt
currportswithproxy.txt
http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n6048886/sessionwithoutproxy.txt
sessionwithoutproxy.txt
http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n6048886/sessionwithproxy.txt
sessionwithproxy.txt

I hope this is some  more info to continue on .

Re: Proxy settings causes an error.

zho3rd
Hi jeroen, no the one withoutproxy is the error, same problem also existst when there is a fake proxy filled in.   My logs  Withproxy..   are  when i have  a real proxy setted up, and that works.

To your knowledge there are no issues concerning IE 7 ?  cause it seems to work in firefox. Only my company policy prohibit me from giving firefox to users due to no influencing through means of group policy's.

I can create a 2nd logg's for reference. ?
in anycase your help is appreciated ..  i know for a fact that there are  future plans to upgrade to 7.5 only still is gonna take months and is nog guarrentees its gonna resolve the issue. ( AND so... and why is it working in firefox. makes me really think its IE 7, but no defniate proof yet.)