Question about roadmap, M12

A quick look at the roadmap tells me that we can expect Hippo CMS v7.1 (r2.05.xx, M12?) in March 2009. If I take a look in Jira there are still a lot of issues open.

It's now the 25th of March. Does this mean the roadmap needs some adjustments or can we still hope to see M12 in March? :-)

Re: Question about roadmap, M12

Hey Gerrit, we're targetting mid-April for 7.1.

Arje

2009/3/25, Gerrit Berkouwer <[hidden email]>:

> A quick look at the roadmap tells me that we can expect Hippo CMS v7.1
> (r2.05.xx, M12?) in March 2009. If I take a look in Jira there are still a
> lot of issues open.
>
> It's now the 25th of March. Does this mean the roadmap needs some
> adjustments or can we still hope to see M12 in March? :-)

Met vriendelijke groet,

Arjé Cahn

Hippo

[hidden email] / [hidden email]

San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
94952-5100 +1 (707) 773-4646

www.onehippo.com [hidden email]

Re: Question about roadmap, M12

Now that's a quick answer Arje. Thanks for the info!

Ehrm thats a looooooong SIG... makes the forums harder to read... ;-)

Greetz, Gerrit

Arje Cahn wrote

a.cahn@onehippo.com / arje@apache.org

San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
94952-5100 +1 (707) 773-4646

www.onehippo.com info@onehippo.com

[OT] Re: Question about roadmap, M12

Ard
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now that's a quick answer Arje. Thanks for the info!
>
> Ehrm thats a looooooong SIG... makes the forums harder to read... ;-)

I think we do not really realize about this, because Arje most likely
replies through the mailinglist, and not directly in the forums.
Therefor most likely his automatic signature is added to his mail,
hence ending up in the forum.

It does make sense for everybody to strip his signature in our open
lists that are added to the nabble as a forum as well

Ard

> Greetz, Gerrit

Re: Question about roadmap, M12

Indeed - I blame the Blackberry! :-)

2009/3/26, Ard Schrijvers <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Now that's a quick answer Arje. Thanks for the info!
>>
>> Ehrm thats a looooooong SIG... makes the forums harder to read... ;-)
>
> I think we do not really realize about this, because Arje most likely
> replies through the mailinglist, and not directly in the forums.
> Therefor most likely his automatic signature is added to his mail,
> hence ending up in the forum.
>
> It does make sense for everybody to strip his signature in our open
> lists that are added to the nabble as a forum as well
>
> Ard
>

>> Greetz, Gerrit

Met vriendelijke groet,

Arjé Cahn

Hippo

[hidden email] / [hidden email]

San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA
94952-5100 +1 (707) 773-4646

www.onehippo.com [hidden email]

Re: Question about roadmap, M12

yeah, there are some serious problems with the roadmap as it is.  As always, one should be wary when features are coupled to dates in software development.  Consider it to be an indication of the areas that we intend to work on; the ordering is the important part.  The dates should largely be right, the features that make it in will be those that we managed to finish.

The total number of open JIRA issues will always be large, although I agree that it would be nice if the list for a particular version would be realistic.  The next release (7.1) will be based on version 2.06.xx, to be finished mid-april.  There will be a lot of shuffling of issues before we're done with that version.

If you want some functionality sooner rather than later, give us a shout.  I hope we can use this mailing list to help us guide development most effectively.

cheers, Frank