Reload on startup content duplicated

Adolfo Benedetti
Hi Everybody,

Reloading the document template and the CND using the generic updater
(via reload at startup[1]) we got this result;

*The documents templates were correctly updated,
*The the CND was not reloaded but merged.
*Duplicated elements in the content: The content elements were
duplicated on the child node level 1 in the old the content, but not
in the subsequent/previous siblings nor the new content elements:

content
├── documents
│   └── myproyect
│      │──  010
│      │       ├── 011
│      │       ├── 011 <= duplicated
│      │       ├── 012
│      │       │   ├── 012a
│      │       │   └── 012b
│      │       └── 012 <= duplicated
│      │           ├── 012a
│      │           └── 012b
│      └──   100
│      │       ├── 110
│      │       ├── 110 <= duplicated
│      │       ├── 111
│      │       └── 111 <= duplicated
│      └──   200
│              ├── 210
│              ├── 210 <=duplicated
│              ├── 211 <= new
│              └── 212 <= new
└── gallery
    ├ ── 000
    │   └── 010
    │       ├── 011
    │       └── 011 <= duplicate
    └── 100

The reloadonstartup property wasn't added to the initialize items on
the content elements.
What whould be the probable cause for this
specific-depth-old-content-duplicate, uuid's?
For relaxed CDN upgrade: version is needed if relaxed documents are removed?
Has this issue any relation with this fixed[2] issue on jira?

hippo-cms7-release:7.7.0
hippo-repository-dependencies.version:2.22.02 and because of [2],
tested with 2.22.04 with same results

[1]https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Generic+updater
[2]https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/REPO-329

Thank you,

Adolfo
--
Adolfo Benedetti
iprofs.nl

Re: Reload on startup content duplicated

Unico Hommes
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Adolfo Benedetti
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> Reloading the document template and the CND using the generic updater
> (via reload at startup[1]) we got this result;
>
> *The documents templates were correctly updated,
> *The the CND was not reloaded but merged.
> *Duplicated elements in the content: The content elements were
> duplicated on the child node level 1 in the old the content, but not
> in the subsequent/previous siblings nor the new content elements:
>
> content
> ├── documents
> │   └── myproyect
> │      │──  010
> │      │       ├── 011
> │      │       ├── 011 <= duplicated
> │      │       ├── 012
> │      │       │   ├── 012a
> │      │       │   └── 012b
> │      │       └── 012 <= duplicated
> │      │           ├── 012a
> │      │           └── 012b
> │      └──   100
> │      │       ├── 110
> │      │       ├── 110 <= duplicated
> │      │       ├── 111
> │      │       └── 111 <= duplicated
> │      └──   200
> │              ├── 210
> │              ├── 210 <=duplicated
> │              ├── 211 <= new
> │              └── 212 <= new
> └── gallery
>    ├ ── 000
>    │   └── 010
>    │       ├── 011
>    │       └── 011 <= duplicate
>    └── 100
>

> The reloadonstartup property wasn't added to the initialize items on
> the content elements.
> What whould be the probable cause for this
> specific-depth-old-content-duplicate, uuid's?

Possibly a rename of the initialize items for the content or else
manual removal of initialize item from repository at
/hippo:configuration/hippo:initialize. This seems to be an independent
issue from the reload on startup feature.

> For relaxed CDN upgrade: version is needed if relaxed documents are removed?

Hmm, looking at the code it seems that indeed a merge is done.
Definitions are only added or reregistered but not removed. A possible
reason for this behavior is that there might still be content in the
repository that use the types defined in the old cnd.

> Has this issue any relation with this fixed[2] issue on jira?

I don't think so. The behaviour you describe is independent of that.
That jira issue was related to reloading of content xml files not of
cnds.

--
Unico

> hippo-cms7-release:7.7.0
> hippo-repository-dependencies.version:2.22.02 and because of [2],
> tested with 2.22.04 with same results
>
> [1]https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Generic+updater
> [2]https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/REPO-329
>
> Thank you,
>
> Adolfo
> --
> Adolfo Benedetti
> iprofs.nl

Re: Reload on startup content duplicated

Adolfo Benedetti
Thank you Unico,

> Possibly a rename of the initialize items for the content or else
> manual removal of initialize item from repository at
> /hippo:configuration/hippo:initialize. This seems to be an independent
> issue from the reload on startup feature.

Like you said, a prefix added in the initialized node name was the
cause of the issue,

> Hmm, looking at the code it seems that indeed a merge is done.
> Definitions are only added or reregistered but not removed. A possible
> reason for this behavior is that there might still be content in the
> repository that use the types defined in the old cnd.

With relaxed CDN, If a purge for the definitions is necessary, a CND
namespace updater would be[1] needed?

[1]https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/DTAP+changes+before+CMS+7.6
    https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/4.+Applying+complex+content+changes+using+a+custom+Updater

Thank you,

--
Adolfo Benedetti
iprofs.nl

2012/3/30 Unico Hommes <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> repository that use the types defined in the old cnd.
>
>> Has this issue any relation with this fixed[2] issue on jira?
>
> I don't think so. The behaviour you describe is independent of that.
> That jira issue was related to reloading of content xml files not of
> cnds.
>
> --
> Unico
>

>> hippo-cms7-release:7.7.0
>> hippo-repository-dependencies.version:2.22.02 and because of [2],
>> tested with 2.22.04 with same results
>>
>> [1]https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Generic+updater
>> [2]https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/REPO-329
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Adolfo
>> --
>> Adolfo Benedetti
>> iprofs.nl

Re: Reload on startup content duplicated

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Adolfo Benedetti
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Unico,
>

>> Possibly a rename of the initialize items for the content or else
>> manual removal of initialize item from repository at
>> /hippo:configuration/hippo:initialize. This seems to be an independent
>> issue from the reload on startup feature.
>
> Like you said, a prefix added in the initialized node name was the
> cause of the issue,
>
>> Hmm, looking at the code it seems that indeed a merge is done.
>> Definitions are only added or reregistered but not removed. A possible
>> reason for this behavior is that there might still be content in the
>> repository that use the types defined in the old cnd.
>>

> With relaxed CDN, If a purge for the definitions is necessary, a CND
> namespace updater would be[1] needed?
>
> [1]https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/DTAP+changes+before+CMS+7.6
>    https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/4.+Applying+complex+content+changes+using+a+custom+Updater

I would go for a jcr-runner plugin to do such a cleanup operation:

http://jcr-runner.forge.onehippo.org/

Make sure you check there are no documents in the repository that
still use the document type.

--
Unico