Removing the edition of different languages

Removing the edition of different languages

kusum Lata
I was working with http://localhost:8080/site/ and i am able to delete the edition of different languages through jsp and xml file from eclipse but now i am working with my own site http://xyz.org:8080/site/ and i want to delete edit the editions of different languages. Can i edit these editions from CMS or Console?

Re: Removing the edition of different languages

it's not really clear to me what you mean with editions of different
languages. Could you perhaps describe in a bit more detail what you
are trying to do and have tried. Perhaps a screenshot would help.

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM, kusum Lata
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was working with http://localhost:8080/site/ and i am able to delete the
> edition of different languages through jsp and xml file from eclipse but now
> i am working with my own site http://xyz.org:8080/site/ and i want to delete
> edit the editions of different languages. Can i edit these editions from CMS
> or Console?

Re: Removing the edition of different languages

kusum Lata
Sir
  1. On the home page of http://localhost:8080/site/ ,there were editions like United States, France, Nederland and 4 more, As per my requirement, i removed editions except United States with the help of JSP and XML of eclipse.
  2. Now, i have my own site http://xyz.zapto.org:8080/site/ and all the changes which i made on http://localhost:8080/site/ are not available on my site.
  3.  My query is that may i edit editions from CMS or Console?

Hi,

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was working with http://localhost:8080/site/ and i am able to delete the
> edition of different languages through jsp and xml file from eclipse but now
> i am working with my own site http://xyz.org:8080/site/ and i want to delete
> edit the editions of different languages. Can i edit these editions from CMS
> or Console?

NAML

Re: Removing the edition of different languages

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 6:02 AM, kusum Lata
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sir
>
>    1. On the home page of http://localhost:8080/site/ ,there were editions
>    like United States, France, Nederland and 4 more, As per my requirement, i
>    removed editions except United States with the help of JSP and XML of
>    eclipse.

I guess you are using the Hippo GoGreen install.

>    2. Now, i have my own site http://xyz.zapto.org:8080/site/ and all the
>    changes which i made on http://localhost:8080/site/ are not available on
>    my site.

Are http://xyz.zapto.org:8080/site/ and http://localhost:8080/site/
the same or different installs of Hippo?

>    3.  My query is that may i edit editions from CMS or Console?

The languages are made by using translation ids for threes and are
coupled together. You can uncouple these by using the Console, I'm not
sureif this is possible by using the CMS.

> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Jeroen Reijn [via Hippo] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it's not really clear to me what you mean with editions of different
>> languages. Could you perhaps describe in a bit more detail what you
>> are trying to do and have tried. Perhaps a screenshot would help.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Jeroen
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM, kusum Lata
>> <[hidden email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7580312&i=0>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I was working with http://localhost:8080/site/ and i am able to delete
>> the
>> > edition of different languages through jsp and xml file from eclipse but
>> now
>> > i am working with my own site http://xyz.org:8080/site/ and i want to
>> delete
>> > edit the editions of different languages. Can i edit these editions from
>> CMS
>> > or Console?
>> >

>> > --

>> here<
>> .
>> NAML<
http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Removing the edition of different languages

Simon Voortman-2
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Jeroen Reijn <[hidden email]> wrote:

The languages are made by using translation ids for threes and are
coupled together. You can uncouple these by using the Console, I'm not
sureif this is possible by using the CMS.

Yes, this is possible through the CMS. If you use for example Go Green, you can open the context menu of the Spanish content ("Hippo Durable"), and then choose "Translations". In the window that pops up, there is a button to Unlink the translations.

After doing this, the site doesn't display the Spanish edition anymore, though it is still available here: http://localhost:8080/site/es

Kind regards,

Simon