Site map item property hst:scheme not used

Site map item property hst:scheme not used

Wouter Danes-2

Hi All,

A hst:sitemapitem node can have a property hst:scheme according to its CND.

This appears to be the same kind of thing as the hst:scheme property on mounts.

Now, the HST API doesn’t give me a way to access this property, further inspection shows that the HstSiteMapItemService never uses said property.

Is this some legacy stuff I ran into? I do like to use the property to specify “ https” sitemapitems and have a patch ready for the trunk to “enable” this, including having it inherit from the mount.

Regards,

Wouter

Re: Site map item property hst:scheme not used

Adolfo Benedetti
Hi Wouter,

This 2 year old issue is still open https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HSTTWO-1303
We fix this requirement with a sitemapHandler client side redirection :(

Gr,

Adolfo

--
Adolfo Benedetti

2012/12/18 Wouter Danes <[hidden email]>

Hi All,

A hst:sitemapitem node can have a property hst:scheme according to its CND.

This appears to be the same kind of thing as the hst:scheme property on mounts.

Now, the HST API doesn’t give me a way to access this property, further inspection shows that the HstSiteMapItemService never uses said property.

Is this some legacy stuff I ran into? I do like to use the property to specify “ https” sitemapitems and have a patch ready for the trunk to “enable” this, including having it inherit from the mount.

Regards,

Wouter

Re: Site map item property hst:scheme not used

Wouter Danes-2

Nice find! I kind of want it for some stuff we’re currently building, so if Ard wants it I guess we now know why the property is there. J

Re: Site map item property hst:scheme not used

Ard
Yes, I'd like to have the feature, but what I want to support goes
quite a bit further than just exposing the scheme through the
sitemapitem : It is also about linkrewriting, where links for sitemap
items that are on a different scheme than the current request should
get automatically a fully qualified url including scheme & host name.

Most likely, I already added it to the cnd as there were times in the
past were I wanted to avoid cnd changes as much as possible, hence,
already included some cnd properties which still had to be utilized.
This is now confusing, and I don't do this any more because reloading
a cnd has become very simple

Either way, I am ok with exposing the scheme of a sitemap item, but
implementing https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HSTTWO-1303 is really
much more work. Still I'd like this feature a lot : Thus seamless
switching between http and https sitemap items where linkrewriting
also is taken into account

WDOT? Do more devs need/want this?

Regards Ard

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Wouter Danes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nice find! I kind of want it for some stuff we’re currently building, so if
> Ard wants it I guess we now know why the property is there. J

Mind if I create a separate linked issue that exposes this property via the HstSitemapitem? I could look into linking too, but I'm sure you're better at that part of hippo. :)

Yes, I'd like to have the feature, but what I want to support goes quite a bit further than just exposing the scheme through the sitemapitem : It is also about linkrewriting, where links for sitemap items that are on a different scheme than the current request should get automatically a fully qualified url including scheme & host name.

Most likely, I already added it to the cnd as there were times in the past were I wanted to avoid cnd changes as much as possible, hence, already included some cnd properties which still had to be utilized.
This is now confusing, and I don't do this any more because reloading a cnd has become very simple

Either way, I am ok with exposing the scheme of a sitemap item, but implementing https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/HSTTWO-1303 is really much more work. Still I'd like this feature a lot : Thus seamless switching between http and https sitemap items where linkrewriting also is taken into account

WDOT? Do more devs need/want this?

Regards Ard

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Wouter Danes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nice find! I kind of want it for some stuff we're currently building,
> so if Ard wants it I guess we now know why the property is there. J

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

Re: Site map item property hst:scheme not used

Ard
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Wouter Danes
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mind if I create a separate linked issue that exposes this property via the HstSitemapitem? I could look into linking too, but I'm sure you're better at that part of hippo. :)

Yes, pls create a separate issue and link it to the existing issue.
The link rewriting is quite a bit more tricky, as it must also work
correctly in template composer where links are over the cms host.

Regards Ard