Static Dropdown Plugin Problem

chaga
Hello,
I am trying to install the Static DropDown plugin using this tutorial :

http://selection.forge.onehippo.org/configuration.html

However I am not able to run everything correctly. The tutorial doesnt explain things very clearly.

I will explain you what works and what doesnt work :
I managed to install the plugin..I managed to have the valuelistitem compound type in the cms.
I also did the configuration as described in the tutorial for staticDropDown

I added this valuelistitem compound type in my own custom compound type in the cms. When i do this it proposes me a list with the options that I had included.
But When I create a document which includes my compound type it does not propose the drop down list.
I am not able to understand why i dont have the drop down.

Does anyone know what should i do ?

Could you please help me with this.

Re: Static Dropdown Plugin Problem

Minos Chatzidakis-2
Hi,

How did you create your document type? Using the template editor in the cms? Or manually, editing the xml file by hand?
Could you check that your prototypes section is correct? The enclosing compound's prototype should include the one from the embedded type. I've seen doc types missing that.

It would also help to send your doc type as xml (and tell us what versions/environments you're using). Having the xml we can try it out immediately.. (note this is a public list however so you may not want to do this..)

Minos

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM, chaga <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Minos Chatzidakis

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466

Re: Static Dropdown Plugin Problem

Jeroen Hoffman

StaticDropdown does not use valuelistitems. That compound is used in the document type backing the DynamicDropdown. You should not incorporate it in your own compound.

You should be able to set up a StaticDropdown using doc type editor in the CMS. Else you can use the demo project in svn as example.

Jeroen