Sticky feedbackpanel on field validation and highlighting invalid field

Sticky feedbackpanel on field validation and highlighting invalid field

Matthijs Tolkamp
Hey all,

Is it possible to keep the feedbackpanel visible when trying to save and close a document in hippo cms when a field can not be validated? (Hippo 7.7.7)

The problem we have is that the feedbackpanel disappears after a random interval, sometimes 1 second, sometimes 7 etc.

The other question is about the highlighting of the field in question. According to the documentation it seems that also with a custom validator the field that is in error should be highlighted in red. This is not the case for our validation. Is there something specific we should do to also get this red highlighting on the field in question or is this something that is no longer in the cms?

Kind regards,
Matthijs

Re: Sticky feedbackpanel on field validation and highlighting invalid field

Simon Voortman-2
Hi Matthijs,

The feedback panel disappearing is a known issue. The issue number is CMS7-4402 [1].

I can't help you with your highlighting problem. Anyone else?

Kind regards,
/Simon

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Matthijs Tolkamp <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hey Simon,

Thanks. We’ll wait for the fix for that one.

Cheers,
Matthijs

Matthijs Tolkamp
Java Software Engineer

Ordina J-technolgies

Ringwade 1

3934 LM  Nieuwegein
M +31 (0)6 13119325
www.ordina.nl

image001

[...]

Disclaimer
Dit bericht met eventuele bijlagen is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u niet de bedoelde ontvanger bent, wordt u verzocht de afzender te waarschuwen en dit bericht met eventuele bijlagen direct te verwijderen en/of te vernietigen. Het is niet toegestaan dit bericht en eventuele bijlagen te vermenigvuldigen, door te sturen, openbaar te maken, op te slaan of op andere wijze te gebruiken. Ordina N.V. en/of haar groepsmaatschappijen accepteren geen verantwoordelijkheid of aansprakelijkheid voor schade die voortvloeit uit de inhoud en/of de verzending van dit bericht.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are solely intended for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete and/or destroy this message and any attachments immediately. It is prohibited to copy, to distribute, to disclose or to use this e-mail and any attachments in any other way. Ordina N.V. and/or its group companies do not accept any responsibility nor liability for any damage resulting from the content of and/or the transmission of this message.

Re: Sticky feedbackpanel on field validation and highlighting invalid field

Jeroen Hoffman

On 12-02-13 9:35, Simon Voortman wrote:
> Hi Matthijs,
>
> The feedback panel disappearing is a known issue. The issue number is CMS7-4402 [1].
>
> I can't help you with your highlighting problem. Anyone else?

If you are using content blocks you can have this problem, yes.
Fixed in 1.09.00, see http://content-blocks.forge.onehippo.org/release-notes.html

Re: Sticky feedbackpanel on field validation and highlighting invalid field

Matthijs Tolkamp
Ah we have one in a contentblock, so this will fix it thanks.

But the other one is on a linkfield (hippo:facetselect) and that one is not highlighting either.

Thanks for the solution to the first one.

Cheers,
Matthijs

Matthijs Tolkamp
Java Software Engineer