Style in channel manager

Paul
Hi everyone,

If I open a channel for a site in the channel manager and I see a preview, but without any styling, what could be missing from my configuration? Where could I start looking?

Regards,
Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

Adolfo Benedetti
Hi Paul,

In the channel manager, the URL will by default end with
'_cmsinternal', the links in the site preview from the channel manager
are prefixed with _cmsinternal as well,

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/site/_cmsinternal/css/xxxxxxx.css"
type="text/css" media="screen">

This can be customized on the hst:hosts node through the string
property 'hst:cmspreviewprefix'. More info in the wiki [1]

[1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Getting+rid+of+the+_cmsinternal+in+the+site+preview+links+from+the+channel+manager

Cheers,

Adolfo

--
Adolfo Benedetti
iprofs.nl

2012/3/27 Paul <[hidden email]>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> If I open a channel for a site in the channel manager and I see a preview,
> but without any styling, what could be missing from my configuration? Where
> could I start looking?
>
> Regards,
> Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

Paul
Thanks Adolfo. Works.

Re: Style in channel manager

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Adolfo Benedetti
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>

> In the channel manager, the URL will by default end with
> '_cmsinternal', the links in the site preview from the channel manager
> are prefixed with _cmsinternal as well,
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/site/_cmsinternal/css/xxxxxxx.css"
> type="text/css" media="screen">

I don't think css is prefixed with _cmsinternal, at least, I am quite sure.

.css should be part of the hst:suffixexclusions on the hst:hosts node,
and therefor will be treated differently

@Paul : Could you take a look at the frame 'source' and see whether it
really has _cmsinternal there for the css : It should work out of the
box, without having to change the _cmsinternal

Regards ard

> This can be customized on the hst:hosts node through the string
> property 'hst:cmspreviewprefix'. More info in the wiki [1]
>
> [1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Getting+rid+of+the+_cmsinternal+in+the+site+preview+links+from+the+channel+manager
>

> Cheers,
>
> Adolfo
>
> --
> Adolfo Benedetti
> iprofs.nl
>

> 2012/3/27 Paul <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> If I open a channel for a site in the channel manager and I see a preview,
>> but without any styling, what could be missing from my configuration? Where
>> could I start looking?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

Mathijs den Burger
Hi Paul,

Do you use the hst:link JSP tag to create the link to the CSS file? If
not, you should :)

best,
Mathijs

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Ard Schrijvers
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Adolfo Benedetti
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>

>> In the channel manager, the URL will by default end with
>> '_cmsinternal', the links in the site preview from the channel manager
>> are prefixed with _cmsinternal as well,
>>
>> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/site/_cmsinternal/css/xxxxxxx.css"
>> type="text/css" media="screen">
>
> I don't think css is prefixed with _cmsinternal, at least, I am quite sure.
>
> .css should be part of the hst:suffixexclusions on the hst:hosts node,
> and therefor will be treated differently
>
> @Paul : Could you take a look at the frame 'source' and see whether it
> really has _cmsinternal there for the css : It should work out of the
> box, without having to change the _cmsinternal
>
> Regards ard
>

>> This can be customized on the hst:hosts node through the string
>> property 'hst:cmspreviewprefix'. More info in the wiki [1]
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Getting+rid+of+the+_cmsinternal+in+the+site+preview+links+from+the+channel+manager
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Adolfo
>>
>> --
>> Adolfo Benedetti
>> iprofs.nl
>>

>> 2012/3/27 Paul <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> If I open a channel for a site in the channel manager and I see a preview,
>>> but without any styling, what could be missing from my configuration? Where
>>> could I start looking?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

Paul
Thanks Matthijs,
That's the actual solution of course.

Regards,
Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

Paul
Hi Ard,

The prefix is there. But the problem was solved by Matthijs' solution.

Best,
Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

Paul
Actually, you're right. The prefix is gone.

Some more background of this issue:

The following works on the site but not in the channel manager preview:

<hst:link var="cssPath" path="/themes/css"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="${cssPath}/style.css"/>

The following works for both:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<hst:link path="/themes/css/style.css"/>"/>

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Ard,
>
> The prefix is there. But the problem was solved by Matthijs' solution.

The prefix was there then because you hard coded _cmsinternal in your css link?

Ard

> Best,
> Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Actually, you're right. The prefix is gone.
>
> Some more background of this issue:
>
> The following works on the site but not in the channel manager preview:
>
> <hst:link var="cssPath" path="/themes/css"/>

Yes, this is tricky, because /themes/ is not part of the 'prefix
exclusions' : You could add it as prefix exclusion to fix it, but
then, urls for /themes for docs won't work any more

So, better just to move all your css into a css folder, so you get

/css/themes instead of /theme/css

/css/ is a default prefix exclusion

Regards Ard

> <link rel="stylesheet" href="${cssPath}/style.css"/>
>
> The following works for both:
>
> <link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; href=&quot;&lt;hst:link
> path=&quot;/themes/css/style.css&quot;/>"/>
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Re: Style in channel manager

Paul
No, not using the hst link tag left it there.