Upgrade policy Hippo CMS

haiko van der schaaf
Currently we are upgrading from version 7.4 to 7.7 and it turns out to be more a challenge than we thought. For the future we are wondering what the best approach is regarding upgrading. Is it better to upgrade as soon as possible to the next minor version when it is released or to do an upgrade once a year with possible three minor versions to minimize testing effort?

Re: Upgrade policy Hippo CMS

Ard
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM, haiko van der schaaf
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Currently we are upgrading from version 7.4 to 7.7 and it turns out to be
> more a challenge than we thought. For the future we are wondering what the
> best approach is regarding upgrading. Is it better to upgrade as soon as
> possible to the next minor version when it is released or to do an upgrade

Upgrading to the next minor version is of course easier than doing
three minor versions in one go, but also, upgrades should have become
significantly easier in later versions, and still part of our daily
development to make them easier

Regards Ard