Uploading image fails

Richard Polderman
Hi All,

I have a strange thing happening in my CMS (7.6).
When I try to upload an image in the CMS, the selector lets me pick an image.
When i choose the image, the progress bar appears shortly until the popup window disappears. The cursor gets in wait state for a while. When the cursor turns back into normal, nothing has happened. The image is not in the image gallery. No error message appears and even no errors in the log!

Has someone any idea what happens here?

greetings,
Richard

Re: Uploading image fails

Two things come to mind:

1. The CMS get's an out of memory exception on handling the image, which you do not see as feedback because the auto upload is enabled.
2. Are you connecting to the CMS through a network that has a proxy in between?

Jeroen

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a strange thing happening in my CMS (7.6).
When I try to upload an image in the CMS, the selector lets me pick an
image.
When i choose the image, the progress bar appears shortly until the popup
window disappears. The cursor gets in wait state for a while. When the
cursor turns back into normal, nothing has happened. The image is not in the
image gallery. No error message appears and even no errors in the log!

Has someone any idea what happens here?

greetings,
Richard

Re: Uploading image fails

Richard Polderman
Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your answer!
Indeed, I am connecting through a network with a proxy/firewall in between.
That might explain why the problem isn't happening on my local machine (I just noticed that).

Is there anything I can do about it?

greetings,
Richard

Re: Uploading image fails

Stephan Westen
Administrator
you could disable the flash upload, check out  https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Disable+using+Flash+for+uploading+image+versions

thanks,

Stephan

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:26 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your answer!
Indeed, I am connecting through a network with a proxy/firewall in between.
That might explain why the problem isn't happening on my local machine (I
just noticed that).

Is there anything I can do about it?

greetings,
Richard

thanks,

Stephan

Re: Uploading image fails

Stephan is correct with his reference. This should solve your problem. The give it some more technical details.
We use YUI, which uses flash or javascript for the upload part.

Flash however has some issues with (especially authenticating) proxies. When a flash file is doing a request it uses it's own http connection and not the one from the browser (as far as I've read somewhere), which is causing the flash plugin not to get a response.

You will need to change this setting especially when the CMS is used by large organizations that have authenticating proxy servers.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Stephan Westen <[hidden email]> wrote:
you could disable the flash upload, check out  https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Disable+using+Flash+for+uploading+image+versions

thanks,

Stephan

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:26 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your answer!
Indeed, I am connecting through a network with a proxy/firewall in between.
That might explain why the problem isn't happening on my local machine (I
just noticed that).

Is there anything I can do about it?

greetings,
Richard

thanks,

Stephan

Re: Uploading image fails

Richard Polderman
Hi Jeroen, Stephan,

Unfortunately the solution doesn't work.
Still not able to upload an image.

Any other idea's?

greetings,
Richard

Re: Uploading image fails

Bartosz Oudekerk
Administrator
On 26/01/12 15:35, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi Jeroen, Stephan,
>
> Unfortunately the solution doesn't work.
> Still not able to upload an image.
>
> Any other idea's?

Just to be sure, did you also add the property to the nodes mentioned
in Laurens' comment?

Kind regards,
Bartosz

http://www.onehippo.com/

Re: Uploading image fails

Richard Polderman
Hi Guys,

It works now.
Indeed I didn't notice Laurens' comments at first.

Thanks !

Re: Uploading image fails

Pritt

I have the same problem but I cannot find Laurens post.

Can somebody help me please?

Regards