Webdav support

chaga
Hello,
I am trying to use webdav to import files in assets folder of the cms.
In the following tutorial:
http://blog.jeroenreijn.com/2010/05/giving-hippo-cms-7-some-webdav-support.html
Jeroen explains that we need to include the webdav dependency

<
dependency>
  <groupId>org.onehippo.forge.addon.webdav</groupId>
  <artifactId>webdav-addon</artifactId>
  <version>${webdav.addon.version}</version>
</dependency>

However when i include, it complains about the version of webdav, basically it doesnt find webdav. Is the webdav support is still provided by Hippo.
What should i do to make this work ?

I really need this to function ASAP for my project to go ahead..

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Cdt,
Chandan AGARWAL
IED
Smile Benelux
Brussels
Mb - (+32) 0492101358

Re: Webdav support

see my comments inline:

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Chandan AGARWAL
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to use webdav to import files in assets folder of the cms.
> In the following tutorial:
> http://blog.jeroenreijn.com/2010/05/giving-hippo-cms-7-some-webdav-support.html
> Jeroen explains that we need to include the webdav dependency
>
> <dependency>
>   <groupId>org.onehippo.forge.addon.webdav</groupId>
>   <artifactId>webdav-addon</artifactId>
>   <version>${webdav.addon.version}</version>
> </dependency>

Well the webdav project was never officially released. It was a
project that I worked on 2 years ago and last year Minos and me worked
on adding some DASL search related features. You can find that work in
the cms76 branch.

> However when i include, it complains about the version of webdav, basically
> it doesnt find webdav. Is the webdav support is still provided by Hippo.

Yes the artifacts were never released or deployed to the remote maven
repository. That's why it won't resolve the webdav plugin

> What should i do to make this work ?

To get this to work the webdav addon will first need to be upgraded to
CMS 7.7 or CMS 7.8 and a first release needs to be made.

> I really need this to function ASAP for my project to go ahead..

Well I'm sorry I can't help you out more then giving you this
information. This plugin is community driven and the only way to get a
workable solution ASAP is to contact our support/sales department[1]
and then they might be able to help you out.

Can you perhaps eleborate a bit more on what problem the webdav plugin
is going to solve in your project?

[1]http://www.onehippo.com/en/about/contact

> I would really appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cdt,
> Chandan AGARWAL
> IED
> Smile Benelux
> Brussels
> Mb - (+32) 0492101358

Re: Webdav support

chaga
Hi Jeroen,
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.
I need a way to add the contents of a zip file (which basically contains .htm files ) in the assets folder. Is there any other way to obtain this functionality, some way to do bulk upload.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Cdt,
Chandan AGARWAL
IED
Smile Benelux