What is mean of these in Jsp pages???

Priyank Gupta

Hello,
       I am new to hippo.

 so, I want to know that "${field.label}" as you can see in image this.in which bean it is defined.or tell me the way  to find out that.

i also want to know that what is the mean of these "${<some expression>  }" in jsp pages.

Moreover i also i like to that if i use simple html form tags then it worth it or not?

thnks

Re: What is mean of these in Jsp pages???

Mathijs den Burger
Hi Priyank,

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Priyank Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
<http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n7579881/clipof.png>
Hello,
       I am new to hippo.

 so, I want to know that "${field.label}" as you can see in image this.in
which bean it is defined.or tell me the way  to find out that.

That depends on the project. Are you trying out the GoGreen demo? AFAICS that'll be the class com.onehippo.gogreen.components.common.LinkedForm.

To understand how JSPs and beans are tied together I'd recommend the 'Grazing Hippo' page in the Developer Trail [1] (start with the 'Baby Steps' [2] to get your project running).

i also want to know that what is the mean of these "${<some expression>  }"
in jsp pages.

That's JSTL [3]

Moreover i also i like to that if i use simple html form tags then it worth
it or not?

Sure, that works fine. The GoGreen demo shows an example of EasyForms, which are forms that can be managed inside the CMS. But static forms in a JSP work just fine. Also see [4].

hope this helps,
Mathijs

Re: What is mean of these in Jsp pages???

Priyank Gupta
THANKS Mathijs den Burger. I really appreciate this.

Re: What is mean of these in Jsp pages???

Priyank Gupta
Mathijs den Burger,

One more help how can get rid off repeating mvn install and mvn run command on cmd.

Actually whenever i have made changes to jsp pages in eclipse environment then it should reflect on site directly without running the command again and again on cmd.

Tell is there any plugin for it or any other way to do it.

Re: What is mean of these in Jsp pages???

Wouter Danes-2
http://zeroturnaround.com/software/jrebel/

One more help how can get rid off repeating mvn install and mvn run command on cmd.

Actually whenever i have made changes to jsp pages in eclipse environment then it should reflect on site directly without running the command again and again on cmd.

Tell is there any plugin for it or any other way to do it.

Re: What is mean of these in Jsp pages???

Laurens Leeuwis
Dear Priyank,

You can use the Eclipse filesync pluging for this. The JSP pages are hotswapped then, so you don't have to re-'clean install' every time. This is also available for the java classes; you can use the debugger for this (works a bit buggy..) or buy a Jrebel license.

Regards,
Laurens

Re: What is mean of these in Jsp pages???

Priyank Gupta
thanks  Adolfo Benedetti ,

One More thing i like to know that as you can see in my first post i have asked for "${}" i got this that it is EL

But as i added new image in formatting tag ,it have a key to it as "products.detail.name" .

Now my question is to you that where is the path for it in project i actually using hippo green demo project in my system. i want to change the response of it to jsp and add new property.

How can i defined these new property.

Thanks.