Wrong translation of label in live site

Roberto van der Linden
Hello,

We use the org.onehippo.forge.properties.tags.PropertyTag to display some labels in the frontend. But for some strange reason, I see the correct translated labels (English) in the preview site in the channel manager, but on the live site I get the Dutch versions.

Does anyone has a clue how I can fix this problem? :)

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: Wrong translation of label in live site

Is the locale set correcty on the mount of channel? Check the HST config.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Roberto van der Linden
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We use the org.onehippo.forge.properties.tags.PropertyTag to display some
> labels in the frontend. But for some strange reason, I see the correct
> translated labels (English) in the preview site in the channel manager, but
> on the live site I get the Dutch versions.
>
> Does anyone has a clue how I can fix this problem? :)
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: Wrong translation of label in live site

Roberto van der Linden
Yes the locale is set to en_US...

Re: Wrong translation of label in live site

Jeroen Hoffman

This turned out to be a deployment/dependency issue because we only deployed the
site, with embedded repository.

The properties manager tries to find translations by iterating
hippotranslation:translations node through HST api
(HippoAvailableTranslationsBean#hasTranslation, see PropertiesManagerImpl:195).
However, no subnodes were available in this setup, caused by the unavailability
of the class backing this node (TranslationVirtualProvider if I'm correct).

Adding a dependency to org.onehippo.cms7:hippo-cms-translation-repository fixed
that!

Jeroen

On 05-06-12 10:46, Roberto van der Linden wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We use the org.onehippo.forge.properties.tags.PropertyTag to display some
> labels in the frontend. But for some strange reason, I see the correct
> translated labels (English) in the preview site in the channel manager, but
> on the live site I get the Dutch versions.
>
> Does anyone has a clue how I can fix this problem? :)
>
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Re: Wrong translation of label in live site

Ard
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Jeroen Hoffman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This turned out to be a deployment/dependency issue because we only deployed
> the site, with embedded repository.

thanks for your feedback Jeroen, I already did not understand it at all :)