accessing nodes

Sebastiaan
Hi,

Let's say I have a data-model as the one below, how do I access the node myname:externallink and it's properties when I'm working with an instance of the node myname:document?

<'myname'='http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/myname/2.0'>
<'nt'='http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0'>
<'hippostd'='http://www.hippoecm.org/hippostd/nt/1.3'>
<'hippo'='http://www.hippoecm.org/nt/1.3'>

[myname:document] > nt:base
  orderable
  + myname:paragraph (myname:paragraph) multiple
  + myname:download (myname:download) multiple
  + myname:externallink (myname:externallink)

[myname:article] > myname:document
  - myname:title (string) mandatory
  - myname:publicationdate (date) mandatory
  - myname:needsReview (boolean)
  + myname:moreinformation (hippostd:html)
  + myname:links (hippo:facetselect) multiple

[myname:externallink] > nt:base
  orderable
  - myname:title (string)
  + myname:links (hippostd:html)

Re: accessing nodes

Hi Sebastiaan,

this can be achieved by plain JCR.

See: http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/index.html

For the API docs.

Jeroen

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Sebastiaan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Let's say I have a data-model as the one below, how do I access the node
> myname:externallink and it's properties when I'm working with an instance of
> the node myname:document?
>
> <'myname'='http://www.hippoecm.org/hst/nt/myname/2.0'>
> <'nt'='http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0'>
> <'hippostd'='http://www.hippoecm.org/hippostd/nt/1.3'>
> <'hippo'='http://www.hippoecm.org/nt/1.3'>
>
> [myname:document] > nt:base
>  orderable
>  + myname:paragraph (myname:paragraph) multiple
>  + myname:download (myname:download) multiple
>  + myname:externallink (myname:externallink)
>
> [myname:article] > myname:document
>  - myname:title (string) mandatory
>  - myname:publicationdate (date) mandatory
>  - myname:needsReview (boolean)
>  + myname:moreinformation (hippostd:html)
>  + myname:links (hippo:facetselect) multiple
>
> [myname:externallink] > nt:base
>  orderable
>  - myname:title (string)
>  + myname:links (hippostd:html)

Re: accessing nodes

Sebastiaan
are there also API docs for Hippo CMS 7 online?

Re: accessing nodes

As far as I know there are no official online apidocs. Most of the
time I look at the source code.
I build the CMS sometimes on my external development machine. You can
find the docs there[1] if you want. This is not a permanent location
for these apidocs, but they will be there for the next couple of weeks
if you need them.

[1]http://reijn.labs.onehippo.org/cms7/apidocs/

Gr,

Jeroen