[announcement] Goodbye Nabble, Hello Google Groups and Stackoverflow

[announcement] Goodbye Nabble, Hello Google Groups and Stackoverflow

Bas van Leeuwen
Congratulations! By reading this you are a certified member of our ever growing Hippo community.
Now that I've tripped all spam filters, let's get to business.

We are retiring our use of Nabble as mailinglist / forum and moving to Google Groups as forum / mailinglist.
You will be automatically subscribed to the Google Group, so you don't need to take any action (except maybe alter your mail filters).

Address: [hidden email]
RSS: https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50

What will this change for you?
If you are used to using the mailinglist via good old mail, not much will change except for the address.
Those working with the Nabble interface will unfortunately have to adapt, but the Google interface is quite easily understood.
We will have a grace period of two weeks so that discussions can be finished on Nabble, but would like to ask all of you to start new discussions on the Google Group.

Stackoverflow
We've tried to ignore it for as long as we could, but alas, Stackoverflow is here to stay and together with this move we will elevate it to an official area of Hippo activity.
This means that Hippo will actively mention and monitor the [hippo-cms] tag for any questions that might arise.
Stackoverflow is not the place for discussions and announcements, which will rightfully stay here in the Google Group.

Timeline
Announce move: now
Migrate users: today
Grace period: two weeks
Closure of old list: April 5 2013

Let me know if there are any questions, rants, compliments, suggestions etc.

Regards,

Bas van Leeuwen
Community Manager

[hidden email] - Hippo
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT  Amsterdam