cerate large amount of channels

Gilgamesh
Hi all,

is there a way to programatically create a large amount of channels.

We have quite a bit of logic sitting behind that little button but in the near future I need 150+ channels and it seems easier if I can use some automated technique to create them, less chance on copy&paste errors that way.

Regards,

Gilgamesh

Re: cerate large amount of channels

William Borg Barthet
Hi Gilgamesh,

it should be possible to write a jcr-runner that will create all the nodes you need for your new channels. Each channel needs

/hst:hst/hst:channels/mychannel
/hst:hst/hst:sites/mychannel
/hst:hst/hst:sites/mychannel-preview
/hst:hst/hst:configurations/mychannel
/hst:hst/hst:hosts/........

/content/documents/mychannelroot

I hope I haven't left anything out, but that should do it. You might need to create the nodes int he correct order to be able to get the UUID of the content root to use with the site. Good luck!

William