feature request: full screen document editing

feature request: full screen document editing

Laurens Leeuwis

Dear dev’vers,

After the discussions today about adding bars to the CMS, I have a nice feature request myself J

I’m often working with two windows besides eachother, like this: http://i39.tinypic.com/ct34l.png

This makes adding content somewhat inefficient, therefore a feature to make the editor fullscreen (like my paint skills show here: http://i43.tinypic.com/28tkirl.png) would be very much appreciated.

Give it some thoughts.

Kind regards,

Laurens Leeuwis

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message

Re: feature request: full screen document editing

Ard
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Leeuwis, Laurens
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear dev’vers,
>

> After the discussions today about adding bars to the CMS, I have a nice
> feature request myself J
>

> I’m often working with two windows besides eachother, like this:
> http://i39.tinypic.com/ct34l.png
>
> This makes adding content somewhat inefficient, therefore a feature to make
> the editor fullscreen (like my paint skills show here:
> http://i43.tinypic.com/28tkirl.png) would be very much appreciated.
>

> Give it some thoughts.

I like it.

Just wondering : the maximize button in the xinha bar (with the green
arrow from the top of my head) is not good enough for you right?

Regards Ard

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear dev'vers,
>

> After the discussions today about adding bars to the CMS, I have a nice
> feature request myself J
>

> I'm often working with two windows besides eachother, like this:
> http://i39.tinypic.com/ct34l.png
>
> This makes adding content somewhat inefficient, therefore a feature to make
> the editor fullscreen (like my paint skills show here:
> http://i43.tinypic.com/28tkirl.png) would be very much appreciated.
>

> Give it some thoughts.

I like it.

Just wondering : the maximize button in the xinha bar (with the green
arrow from the top of my head) is not good enough for you right?

Not when you want to enter multiple fields fast after eachother of course :)

> Kind regards,
>
> Laurens Leeuwis
>

> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
> is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you are not authorized to
> read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
> any part thereof. If you receive this message
> in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
> message.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message

Re: feature request: full screen document editing

Niels Out
I like it too.

Biggest challenge seems to be where to put the buttons to
enable/disable this view.
Something like this might work: http://i42.tinypic.com/28kt5ya.png
where you would click on the arrows on the bar to show/hide the
'document-tree and document list' or move that slider.

Regards, Niels
ps. the arrows in the screenshot are pointing to the wrong direction

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 16:29, Leeuwis, Laurens
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Leeuwis, Laurens
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear dev'vers,
>>

>> After the discussions today about adding bars to the CMS, I have a nice
>> feature request myself J
>>

>> I'm often working with two windows besides eachother, like this:
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/ct34l.png
>>
>> This makes adding content somewhat inefficient, therefore a feature to make
>> the editor fullscreen (like my paint skills show here:
>> http://i43.tinypic.com/28tkirl.png) would be very much appreciated.
>>

>> Give it some thoughts.
>
> I like it.
>
> Just wondering : the maximize button in the xinha bar (with the green
> arrow from the top of my head) is not good enough for you right?
>
> Regards Ard
>
> --
>
> Not when you want to enter multiple fields fast after eachother of course :)
>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Laurens Leeuwis
>>

>> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
>> is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
>> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
>> intended recipient, you are not authorized to
>> read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
>> any part thereof. If you receive this message
>> in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
>> message.

> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
> read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message
> in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Re: feature request: full screen document editing

<base href="x-msg://420/">
I’m often working with two windows besides eachother, like this: http://i39.tinypic.com/ct34l.png
This makes adding content somewhat inefficient, therefore a feature to make the editor fullscreen (like my paint skills show here: http://i43.tinypic.com/28tkirl.png) would be very much appreciated.

I love it!
Actually... I once created a mockup for this kind of functionality: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6636096/Wide%20editor%20-%20Computer.m4v
We ended up implementing the "wide listing" view, but not the "wide editor" view. I still think it would be really nice to have.

Thanks for bringing it up, Laurens :-)

Arjé