modify hst:containercomponents to allow / disallow specific components

modify hst:containercomponents to allow / disallow specific components

Bert Leunis
Hi all,

I would like to specify on hst:containercomponents for the template composer which components can or cannot be added to it. Not a very awkward wish I think, although I did not find any info on this (or I did miss any discussion on this completely).

I guess it would not be very hard to implement would it? The container should have parameters or properties to define a list of allowed / disallowed containeritems (hst:allowedcomponents?). The ExtJs classes that control the dragging and dropping should take these parameters into account and we're done. Or is this a bit to too naive of me?

Bert Leunis

Re: modify hst:containercomponents to allow / disallow specific components

Wouter Danes-2

I definitely know two use-cases at different customers where this would work.

I’d go with tagging components and component-containers and only allowing components that are tagged with one of the tags on the container to go into the container.

This sort of collides with “responsive design”, but it’s definitely something customers want: give their editors flexibility of adding stuff to regions of the site, but restricting them in what they can put where.