navigation inside a (edit)screen of a contentitem

navigation inside a (edit)screen of a contentitem

mdevisser
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: navigation inside a (edit)screen of a contentitem

Hi!

On Jun 6, 2011, at 1:57 PM, mdevisser wrote:

> Because of the growing fields and items, the (edit)screen of a contentitem is
> inconvenient to work with. We would like to order the fields trough
> horizontal tab navigation or vertical drop down menu (vertical accordion).
> See my self-painted illustrations for examples.
>
> Questions:
> - Does such kind of navigation already exists in Hippo 7.5?
> - If not, does one of the next releases of Hippo makes this possible?
> - If not, does Hippo has another solution? (we don’t want multiple columns
> :-)
>
> http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n6444795/Hippo_contentitem_tabnav.jpg
>
> http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/file/n6444795/Hippo_contentitem_verticalnav.jpg
I like the idea.

Actually, we once did a concept design for collapsable groups of fields. I'm attaching 2 screenshots of the HTML/JS/CSS mockup (in Dutch). It never got implemented, but if you like the idea, then I'd be more than willing to share the mockup code with you so you can give it a go! (and submit a patch back of course :) )

- Arje

Screen shot 2011-06-06 at 2.09.06 PM.jpeg (79K) Download Attachment
Screen shot 2011-06-06 at 2.08.32 PM.jpeg (73K) Download Attachment

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: navigation inside a (edit)screen of a contentitem

@arje: would it be difficult to use separate tabs within a document, like you see in the mockup, to order the different document-fields? Is there any reason to not go this way in Hippo CMS?

Re: navigation inside a (edit)screen of a contentitem

Frank van Lankvelt
it should indeed already be possible to create separate tabs to group
fields together.
Using the existing tabs plugin and a number of list plugins, it should
be possible to set this up.  (it must verified of course)

cheers, Frank

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Gerrit Berkouwer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> @arje: would it be difficult to use separate tabs within a document, like you
> see in the mockup, to order the different document-fields? Is there any
> reason to not go this way in Hippo CMS?
>
> -----
> --
> Greetz, Gerrit

Re: navigation inside a (edit)screen of a contentitem

Thanks for the answer, Frank.. :)

> it should indeed already be possible to create separate tabs to group
> fields together.
> Using the existing tabs plugin and a number of list plugins, it should
> be possible to set this up.  (it must verified of course)

> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> @arje: would it be difficult to use separate tabs within a document, like you
>> see in the mockup, to order the different document-fields? Is there any
>> reason to not go this way in Hippo CMS?

We already have tabs for documents.. I'd lose oversight when there would be sets of tabs within sets of tabs. That's why I like the accordion layout better.

It's a matter of taste.. Not a technical issue :)

Arje