problem running site as root and cms preview

12

problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Hi,

I have deployed my site as root (ROOT.war) and I have changed the value for the rest url, so editing works. Everything works fine except for previewing within CMS.

I tracked it down that it is a javascript error. Somewhere within ext-base/ext.js the following url is called:

url: "/site/_rp/cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe./composermode/localhost/?FORCE_CLIENT_HOST=true"

This returns a not found page caused the javascript to fail (parse error because it is not a json response).

Now the problem is clear, it uses "/site/" as the root while it should be "/". Any idea why this could be wrong?

Thanks,
Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

Ard
Hello Wouter,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have deployed my site as root (ROOT.war) and I have changed the value for
> the rest url, so editing works. Everything works fine except for previewing
> within CMS.
>
> I tracked it down that it is a javascript error. Somewhere within
> ext-base/ext.js the following url is called:
>
> url:
> "/site/_rp/cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe./composermode/localhost/?FORCE_CLIENT_HOST=true"
>
> This returns a not found page caused the javascript to fail (parse error
> because it is not a json response).
>
> Now the problem is clear, it uses "/site/" as the root while it should be
> "/". Any idea why this could be wrong?

Great digging, thank you so much. Would you be ok to try if for
example /foo/ works? If then the call is still /site/ then most likely
the /site/ contextpath is hardcoded. If /foo/ is then used, then I
think there is a bug regarding taking the default /site/ contextpath
when the contextpath is empty : We'll then create a jira issue and fix
it asap

Apologies for the inconvenience, and again, thanks for tracing the
issue, much appreciated

Regards Ard

> Thanks,
> Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Done it, changes rest url, host context. Everything works fine again except preview.

Now I get an actual error message: "Unable to change to composermode. Please check if the site is online. status: "404", statusText: "Not Found""

But I see this is because the url is still:

GET http://localhost:8080/site/_rp/cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe./composermode/localhost/?FORCE_CLIENT_HOST=true&_dc=1334655984436 404 (Not Found)

I guess I just get a real error message now because the call doesn't return anything (no json parse error).

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Done it, changes rest url, host context. Everything works fine again except
> preview.
>
> Now I get an actual error message: "Unable to change to composermode. Please
> check if the site is online. status: "404", statusText: "Not Found""
>
> But I see this is because the url is still:
>
> GET
> http://localhost:8080/site/_rp/cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe./composermode/localhost/?FORCE_CLIENT_HOST=true&_dc=1334655984436
> 404 (Not Found)
>

> I guess I just get a real error message now because the call doesn't return
> anything (no json parse error).

Thanks Wouter! Just one more thing comes to mind (not sure if you
already did it) : You did change

/hst:hst/hst:hosts
- hst:defaultcontextpath = /site

to your new value?

Regards Ard

> Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Hi Ard,

Yes I already did that. Anything else? ;-)

Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Tried it with a fresh install. Easily reproducable:

1. I just created a clean project using the first babystep: https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Hippo+Baby+Steps#HippoBabySteps-Creatingaproject

2. changed site/pom.xml finalName to foo
3. updated main pom so cargo uses /foo as context.
                                    <deployable>
                                        <location>${project.basedir}/site/target/foo.war</location>
                                        <type>war</type>
                                        <properties>
                                            <context>/foo</context>
                                        </properties>
                                    </deployable>

4. Ran mvn clean install
5. Ran mvn -Pcargo.run
6. login to cms as admin and click on channel manager, my hippo project

Same error: still /site in url

Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

Jannis Bloemendal
Hello Wouter,

could you try to adjust the configuration of the channel manager in
the following way:

/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-static/channel-manager-perspective/templatecomposer
- templateComposerContextPath : /foo
- contextPath : /foo

the first property configures the context path which is used for the
rest calls, contextPath is used for the site url of the iframe when
viewing a channel.

Depending on the version you are using, you also have to configure the
rest proxy which is used to get the blueprints in the channel manager:

/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-services/hstRestProxyService
- rest.uri : http://127.0.0.1:8080/foo/_cmsrest

Hope that helps,
Jannis

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tried it with a fresh install. Easily reproducable:
>

> 1. I just created a clean project using the first babystep:
> https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/Hippo+Baby+Steps#HippoBabySteps-Creatingaproject
>
> 2. changed site/pom.xml finalName to foo
> 3. updated main pom so cargo uses /foo as context.
>                                    <deployable>
>
> <location>${project.basedir}/site/target/foo.war</location>
>                                        <type>war</type>
>                                        <properties>
>                                            <context>/foo</context>
>                                        </properties>
>                                    </deployable>
>
> 4. Ran mvn clean install
> 5. Ran mvn -Pcargo.run
> 6. login to cms as admin and click on channel manager, my hippo project
>
> Same error: still /site in url
>
> Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
There is no such node defined. Do you mean to add it? When I tried in the console I saw no possibility to add properties. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

Jannis Bloemendal
I was probably not clear in my explanation. If the second node

/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-services/hstRestProxyService

is not present you don't have to add it. If the other node with the
template composer configuration is missing, please add it in the
following form:

8<---------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<sv:node sv:name="templatecomposer" xmlns:sv="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/sv/1.0">
  <sv:property sv:name="jcr:primaryType" sv:type="Name">
    <sv:value>frontend:pluginconfig</sv:value>
  </sv:property>
  <sv:property sv:name="contextPath" sv:type="String">
    <sv:value>/foo</sv:value>
  </sv:property>
  <sv:property sv:name="templateComposerContextPath" sv:type="String">
    <sv:value>/foo</sv:value>
  </sv:property>
</sv:node>
8<---------

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is no such node defined. Do you mean to add it? When I tried in the
> console I saw no possibility to add properties. Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Hi,

I changed it with the test project with the "/foo" context and indeed the problem was solved.

But the original issue was with a deployment as ROOT context "/". So I changed the values like this:
        <sv:property sv:name="contextPath" sv:type="String">
          <sv:value>/</sv:value>
        </sv:property>
        <sv:property sv:name="templateComposerContextPath" sv:type="String">
          <sv:value>/</sv:value>
        </sv:property>

Now I get the same old error again, but now with this url:

http://_rp/cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe./composermode/localhost/?FORCE_CLIENT_HOST=true&_dc=1334679406446

Can I put an uri in somewhere to fix this perhaps, or might this just be a bug?

Thanks,
Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Hi,

Got some more results. I changed the URLs in contextPath and templateComposerContextPath from "/" to "http://localhost:8080" and now the scripts dont fail. However the iframe is pointed to /site:

<iframe name="Iframe" frameborder="0" id="ext-gen94" class=" ux-mif" style="overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; width: 1090px; height: 447px; " src="/site/_cmsinternal"></iframe>

So now I just get my 404 page which I gave a link to the homepage. When I click that everything works.
I guess there is still one property to go :-)

Anyone?

Wouter

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Jannis? Ard?

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

Mathijs Brand
I'm afraid the boat, beers and pizza are more important to them now, Wouter ;)
http://gettogether.onehippo.org/events/42254132/

wouter
Ah :-)

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

Jannis Bloemendal
Hello Wouter,

apologies for the delayed answer and inconvenience. The behavior you
are facing when deploying the site as ROOT.war is a bug. I played with
the configuration parameters to achieve a temporary workaround without
any success.

I created an issue please have a look and follow:

https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-6085

Thanks,
Jannis

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ah :-)

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

Ard
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Jannis Bloemendal
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Wouter,
>
> apologies for the delayed answer and inconvenience. The behavior you
> are facing when deploying the site as ROOT.war is a bug. I played with

@Jannis : did you try to deploy as something else than site.war or
ROOT.war. In other words, is the bug only for ROOT.war or also for
foo.war ?

Regards Ard

> the configuration parameters to achieve a temporary workaround without
> any success.
>
> I created an issue please have a look and follow:
>
> https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-6085
>
> Thanks,
> Jannis
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ah :-)

RE: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Thanks Jannis,

Following it. Any indications on how long it takes to resolve it?

Wouter

Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:57:35 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

NAML

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

Jannis Bloemendal
Hi Ard, Wouter,

the issue only occurs when deploying site as ROOT.war, any other
context paths should work when configured correctly. I already
resolved the issue, can't tell when it is tested and tagged though.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:46 AM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Jannis,
> Following it. Any indications on how long it takes to resolve it?
>
> Wouter
> Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:57:35 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: problem running site as root and cms preview
>

>        Hello Wouter,
>

> apologies for the delayed answer and inconvenience. The behavior you
>
> are facing when deploying the site as ROOT.war is a bug. I played with
>
> the configuration parameters to achieve a temporary workaround without
>
> any success.
>

> I created an issue please have a look and follow:
>

> https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-6085
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jannis
>

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ah :-)

>                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
>                http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/problem-running-site-as-root-and-cms-preview-tp7472968p7490198.html
>

>                To unsubscribe from problem running site as root and cms preview, click here.
>
>                NAML

RE: problem running site as root and cms preview

wouter
Hi Jannis,

Great that you fixed it, thanks! That you can give no estimate is fair enough, but where can I follow when this does happen, or how I can make a patch for myself when this is taking too long for us to wait for?

Wouter

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 02:32:37 -0700

Hi Ard, Wouter,

the issue only occurs when deploying site as ROOT.war, any other
context paths should work when configured correctly. I already
resolved the issue, can't tell when it is tested and tagged though.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:46 AM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Jannis,
> Following it. Any indications on how long it takes to resolve it?
>
> Wouter
> Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:57:35 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: problem running site as root and cms preview
>

>        Hello Wouter,
>

> apologies for the delayed answer and inconvenience. The behavior you
>
> are facing when deploying the site as ROOT.war is a bug. I played with
>
> the configuration parameters to achieve a temporary workaround without
>
> any success.
>

> I created an issue please have a look and follow:
>

> https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-6085
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jannis
>

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ah :-)

>                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
>                http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/problem-running-site-as-root-and-cms-preview-tp7472968p7490198.html
>

>                To unsubscribe from problem running site as root and cms preview, click here.
>
>                NAML

NAML

Re: problem running site as root and cms preview

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Jannis Bloemendal
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Ard, Wouter,
>
> the issue only occurs when deploying site as ROOT.war, any other
> context paths should work when configured correctly. I already
> resolved the issue, can't tell when it is tested and tagged though.

Ah great job Jannis! Did you also backport the fix to the 7.7 ? If
not, can you still do that?

@Wouter : Can you for the time being deploy as site.war until we have
tagged the new version? Apologize for the inconvenience

Regards Ard

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:46 AM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Jannis,
>> Following it. Any indications on how long it takes to resolve it?
>>
>> Wouter
>> Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:57:35 -0700
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: problem running site as root and cms preview
>>

>>        Hello Wouter,
>>

>> apologies for the delayed answer and inconvenience. The behavior you
>>
>> are facing when deploying the site as ROOT.war is a bug. I played with
>>
>> the configuration parameters to achieve a temporary workaround without
>>
>> any success.
>>

>> I created an issue please have a look and follow:
>>

>> https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/CMS7-6085
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jannis
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM, wouter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Ah :-)
>>

>>> --

>>                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
>>                http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/problem-running-site-as-root-and-cms-preview-tp7472968p7490198.html
>>

>>                To unsubscribe from problem running site as root and cms preview, click here.
>>
>>                NAML

12