restructure site

Richard Polderman
Hi All,

We (Dave Clayton and me) just finished our first project with Hippo, thanks for all the replies in this mailing list!
In the next project we are going to add a site to HST, where we want to reuse the components and document types from our first project.
Because this was our first, we made many beginners mistakes.
We would like to do some restructuring, or better: start with a 'clean' new project from the archetype and bring in the components, sitemap and so on.
Is there a good way on how to do this?
The new site should be dutch as base language and german as translation, is it possible to have the archetype create a dutch site as a starting point?

Thanks.
Richard

Re: restructure site

William Borg Barthet
Hi Richard,

as far as I know there is no archetype that will create a Dutch project. However, it is fairly easy to switch languages.  You can change all the "hippotranslation:locale" nodes in the xml (in the content module of your archetype project) from "en" to "nl". I think it would only be in the content root (content/src/main/resources/content/documents/myhippoproject.xml). You should also create a Dutch and German HST site early on in your project (you can see our GoGreen demo for an example, that would be in the console under hst:hst/sites).

William

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:12 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

We (Dave Clayton and me) just finished our first project with Hippo, thanks
for all the replies in this mailing list!
In the next project we are going to add a site to HST, where we want to
reuse the components and document types from our first project.
Because this was our first, we made many beginners mistakes.
We would like to do some restructuring, or better: start with a 'clean' new
project from the archetype and bring in the components, sitemap and so on.
Is there a good way on how to do this?
The new site should be dutch as base language and german as translation, is
it possible to have the archetype create a dutch site as a starting point?

Thanks.
Richard

Re: restructure site

Richard Polderman
Thanks!
What is the recommended way to move the configuration and components from the old into the new project?

greetings,
Richard

Re: restructure site

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:12 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We (Dave Clayton and me) just finished our first project with Hippo, thanks
> for all the replies in this mailing list!
> In the next project we are going to add a site to HST, where we want to
> reuse the components and document types from our first project.
> Because this was our first, we made many beginners mistakes.
> We would like to do some restructuring, or better: start with a 'clean' new
> project from the archetype and bring in the components, sitemap and so on.
> Is there a good way on how to do this?
> The new site should be dutch as base language and german as translation, is
> it possible to have the archetype create a dutch site as a starting point?

Also see [1] for documentation how to set up the hst configuration for
multiple languages

Regards Ard

[1] https://wiki.onehippo.com/display/CMS7/HST-2+Multi-lingual%2C+multi-site%2C+multi-domain+and+multi-channel+setup